I wanted to let you all know about a really exciting course that I have coming up. If you’ve struggled with knowing what God’s plan is for your life this course is for you. God has a good plan for each of us and He wants to share it with you. Are you ready to know what it is? You can read more about the course here: God’s Plan
Today’s topic for the LiveYourLegend.net blog challenge is: What difference do I want to make in the world.
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before but I really do not like questions that make me go deep 🙂 Seriously, I don’t. I’m working on changing that though so here goes. I want people to pursue their dreams. I get so pumped up when I meet someone and they tell me about something that they want to do and then they proceed to tell me all the reasons why they’re not doing it. I want to scream, “Forget those excuses! You can do it, be it, experience it.” I want the world to be filled with people who have joy in living.
I want to be remembered as someone who motivated and encouraged others to live their lives with joy, purpose, and passion. My website is arichandsatisfyinglife.com because that is what I want for everyone, I want us all to live a rich and satisfying life. I know it’s possible because in John 10:10 Jesus let’s us know that that is why he came, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10b). I am getting excited just thinking about it! Is the life you are living a rich and satisfying one? If not, make it one.
Have you whispered these words before? I know that I have whispered some variation of them more than once. It wasn’t that I hated my life. I didn’t like the way that I was living my life but I wasn’t doing anything about it. That’s what I hated. The inaction is where my frustration lie.
If I was so frustrated with the way that I was living my life why wasn’t I doing anything about it? Good question. After all, if you don’t like the direction you’re headed change paths right? Easier said than done. You see, I struggled with the following:
1. I did not know what I wanted my life to look like? Because I had not figured out what I wanted my life to look like I didn’t know which path to take.
2. I didn’t know where to start. I didn’t know what I wanted my life to look like and I didn’t know how to figure it out. Can you imagine how frustrated I was?
3. I wanted someone or something (a book an article) to give me a plan to follow. I knew that if I could find a book or an article or someone to show me what to do I could figure it all out. I needed a plan for figuring out what I wanted my life to look like.
Well, I found out that everything that I needed was available to me. However, it was up to me to use them. In order to use them I had to:
1. Make a decision. This sounds so simple but it is one of the hardest things to do. It wasn’t until I made the decision to change the path that I was on that I started to see things differently. It’s one thing to say that you don’t like the path that you are on, but until you make a decision that you’ve had enough of that path and are ready for something else, your mantra will remain the same, “I hate my life.”
2. Get clear on what I wanted my life to look like. Once I made the decision that I was ready to change the way that I was living my life I needed to figure out what type of life I wanted to live. I have to tell you, the only one who knows the type of life that you want to live is YOU. Yup, that’s right. You are going to have to have to take time and ask yourself some questions and answer them too. This can be fun. Answer questions like what do I want to have, what do I want to do, what type of person do I want to be, what do I want to learn, what do I like?
3. Take consistent action. Once I had an idea of what I wanted my life to look like I had a starting point. I chose something from my list and did what I could towards making it a reality. Sometimes the step I took was as simple as buying a book or borrowing one. The important thing was that I took action. No matter how small, you have to do something. Action causes momentum to build and momentum is what you will need to make the life that you want a reality.
So, if you’ve been saying “I hate my life” more than you care to admit I want to encourage you to do the following: make a decision, figure out what you want your life to look like, and take consistent action to make that life yours.
Let me know how much fun you’ve had mapping out your new life 🙂
I have a gift for you. You can download it here: A Gift For You
In honor of International Day of Happiness I am sharing with you my audio, 5 Steps to Happy. Sign up to receive it here: 5 Steps to Happy